Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre (“the Centre”, “we”, “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal data in our possession.
For the purposes of this Policy:
“Personal Data” means any information about an individual who can be identified, directly or indirectly, from the data; or from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
“Process”, “processed” and “processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on the Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, alteration, retrieval, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
2. Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies to all Personal Data processed by the Centre through websites and recording devices owned and operated by the Centre and events organised by the Centre (collectively, the “Platforms”).
3. Personal Data Collected
The types of personal data we collect about you and process (or have a service provider process on our behalf) may include:
· Personal Details (e.g. person name, company name);
· Communication and Correspondence;
· Personal Contact Information (e.g. telephone number, email address);
· Payment Data (e.g. credit card details, bank details for bookings);
· Usage Data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access time); and
· Meta/communication data (e.g. device information, IP address)
4. How Your Data is collected
Your data may be collected through the following ways:
· Online contact forms on our websites;
· Direct correspondence by post, phone, email or in-person;
· Booking of spaces on our Platforms or through our Sales & Marketing representatives;
· Subscriptions to our services or social media channels;
· Participation in a competition, promotion or survey organised by the Centre;
· Submission of your resume or an application or participation in interviews for employment or contracting opportunities with the Centre; or
· Recording of your image through the use of close circuit television systems or other surveillance devices on our premises;
· Automated means such as cookies, web server logs and other similar technologies. Information collected may include your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses, and the country and time zone where your device is located.
· Security purposes – cookies are used to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent usage of our Platforms and protect your data;
· Enhancing visitor experience – by storing your preferences and personalising your experience when using our online services through our Platforms;
· Improve functionality of our websites – by gathering statistical data on webpage traffic through cookies and gain insights on how to improve the design and functionality of our websites
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers allow control of cookies through your browser setting.
If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you must delete your cookies using your browser settings and disable the relevant cookies.
As each browser is different, please refer to your browser’s ‘Help’ menu to learn how to manage cookies through your browser. If you choose to disable all cookies we cannot guarantee the performance of our websites and some features may not work as expected.
5. Our Purpose for Processing Personal Data
Depending on your relationship with the Centre (whether as a client, visitor, employee or service provider, etc.), the personal data which we collected from you may be processed for the following purposes:
· Verification of your identity;
· Perform obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
· Provide customer service and respond to queries, requests, applications, complaints and feedback;
· Obtain opinions, comments, feedback and customer insights to help us develop and improve our products and services;
· Detect, prevent or otherwise address security or technical issues for crime prevention and to ensure the safety of our employees and visitors;
· Send marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and other promotional activities;
· Provide updates on changes to our programmes, policies, terms and conditions and other administrative information;
· Evaluation of applications to be an employee with us;
· Managing and administering employment benefits and other employee welfare programmes;
· Administering and managing your relationship as our employee, including secondments with or transfer to affiliates, related corporations or associated companies;
Business and Legal Basis
Any other business purposes for which you have consented to providing the information;
· Comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, rules or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
Transmitting to our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
6. Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data:
a) Where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
b) To third-party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 of this Policy. Examples of third-party service providers include companies that provide website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfilment, auditing and other services.
If we collect personal data from you, we will first notify you of the purposes for which we are collecting it and obtain your consent for such processing. However, when you voluntarily provide personal data to us and it is reasonable that you do so, we may rely on your deemed consent to us collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the specific purpose.
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw that consent at any time by giving us at least 10 business days of advance notice. Your request can take the form of an email or letter to the contact details set out in Section 10 of this policy, or through the UNSUB feature in an online service.
We will notify you of the likely consequences of your withdrawal of consent, e.g. without your personal contact information we may not be able to inform you of future updates or that the quality of our service may be impacted.
Access and Correction
If you would like to access, correct and/or update personal data that you have previously provided to us, please send a request in writing to the contact details set out in Section 10 of this policy. In your request, please specify what personal data you would like to have changed.
When you make any such request, we may need to verify your identity - for example, by checking your identity card number or other legal identification document. We will respond to your request within 30 days after receiving your request.
8. Keeping Your Personal Data Secure
Accuracy of Your Personal Data
We will take reasonable precautions and make verification checks to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
From time to time, we may do a verification exercise for you to update us on any changes to the personal data we hold about you. If we are in an ongoing relationship with you, it is important that you update us if there are any changes in the personal data we hold about you (such as a change in your home address).
Protection of Personal Data
We have implemented an Information Security Policy that governs how we protect personal data. We take reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality and integrity of personal data in our possession to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
Our employees will only share your data with authorised persons on a 'need to know' basis. Entities that process personal data on our behalf will be bound by contracts with us, which require them to provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organisational security measures governing their processes and to take reasonable steps in ensuring compliance with those measures.
Retention of Personal Data
We will cease to retain your Personal Data when the purposes for which we collected your Personal Data have ceased and/or when we are no longer required to continue retaining your Personal Data for any legal or business purposes.
Transfer of Personal Data
If there is a need for us to transfer personal data about you to a country or territory outside Singapore, we will ensure that the recipient organisation will be obliged to provide a standard of protection to such transferred data that is comparable to the protection it receives under Singapore law.
9. Changes to this Policy
10. How to Contact Us
Data Protection Officer
Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre
1 Raffles Boulevard Suntec City
Updated as of 12 February 2019